The NEBOSH International General Certificate has an updated syllabus for all our 2020 classroom courses.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is suitable for Supervisors, Managers and staff based in Africa or outside the UK from all types of organisations making day-to-day decisions at work that need a broad understanding of health and safety issues and be able to manage risks effectively.
If you can’t fit around our classroom schedules, our Distance Learning and E-Learning platforms offer a convenient and flexible method of studying. Additionally, this course is also available as an In-House course. Please call us on 0861 591 592 to discuss further.
This course takes place over a 10 day period, including exams.
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1 - Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2 - How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3 - Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Element 4 - Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Element 5 - Physical and psychological health
- Element 6 - Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7 - Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8 - General workplace issues
- Element 9 - Work equipment
- Element 10 - Fire
- Element 11 – Electricity
What Has Changed
The course is now only two units (IG1 & IG2) and the content has been restructured and updated to reflect modern Health & Safety practices in 2020. The net result is a small reduction in the overall study hours.
The major change is with the assessment where there is now only one exam and one practical assessment.
Unit IG1 is examined by a formal 2 hour written exam (replacing IGC1)
Unit IG2 is assessed by a practical assessment (this is a longer assessment than the previous GC3)
What I will know once I have successfully completed the course
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- ILO key standards and requirements
What will I be able to do once I have successfully completed the course
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation.
The course now consists of 2 assessments
A 2 hour written paper to assess what you know
A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do based on your workplace
Both assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
- Cape Town
Our pass rate for this course is over 90% and our candidates also achieve a high number of Credits and Distinctions. Check out our Roll of Honour to see for yourself.
Prices includes exam fees, course materials, lunch and refreshments.
Payment Plans are available for convenient finance options.
Note that successful delegates can go on to study the NEBOSH International Diploma.
This course is also available via Distance Learning